LONDON, July 29,?2019 /PRNewswire/ --?International?Game?Technology?PLC ("IGT") (NYSE:IGT) has announced the release of its 12th annual Sustainability Report, which demonstrates the Company's drive to create value globally, increase its socially responsible corporate citizenship, and report on its activities transparently.
"IGT actively focuses our corporate social responsibility strategy on nine of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals to continue strengthening our corporate leadership through advanced sustainability practices," said?Marco?Sala, IGT CEO."IGT's 2018 Sustainability Report outlines achievements the Company has made in the last year that positively impact the global communities that we serve through a wide range of customer interactions, community involvement, and employee engagement activities."
The 2018 report shows IGT's commitments and achievements in generating value for a range of stakeholder groups, including employees, customers, communities, and suppliers.
Highlights of the report include:
- Advancing Responsibility:?IGT pursues the higher goal of earning and maintaining the trust of its stakeholders worldwide via programs, and solutions designed to guarantee fair play and sensible data protection. IGT is the only vendor with three distinct industry certifications for its commitment to responsible gaming. The Company was recertified by the?World Lottery Association?(WLA) for its Corporate Social Responsibility Standards and Certification Framework and successfully achieved responsible gaming accreditation from Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4) for its digital and gaming segments.?
- Economic Growth and Industry Innovation: IGT operates in more than 100 countries and is committed to working with its customers to understand their unique business challenges.
- In 2018, IGT expanded its printing press in Lakeland, Florida to increase printing capacity by 30%, while improving efficiency, flexibility, and economic growth in the community.
- A Fair and Inclusive Work Culture: IGT employs more than 12,000 employees in 58 countries and values the diversity its people represent. This diversity enables IGT to anticipate global business needs and better connect to customers and communities.
- In 2018, IGT established the Executive Diversity and Inclusion Council, hired its first Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, and established diversity inclusion groups, which are networks of employees built around underrepresented dimensions of diversity.
- Empowering Our Communities: IGT engages in a broad spectrum of community involvement and employee engagement initiatives, providing educational and economic opportunities for people in varying socio-economic environments around the globe.
- In 2018, "IGT Global Giving Week – a Day for Doing" was created for employees to volunteer and give back to their local communities. The week-long initiative encourages employees to take a paid day off to volunteer at a nonprofit of their choice.?
- Building Relevant Workforce Skills:?The After School Advantage program is IGT's flagship community initiative, providing non-profit community agencies and public schools with 300 digital learning centers in the past 20 years to help at-risk children gain critical, competitive skills.
- In 2018, IGT opened 15 After School Advantage labs internationally, and launched a plan to refresh the program with a greater focus on learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.
- Reducing the Environmental Impact: IGT worked toward reducing its environmental impact around the globe in 2018 and targeted specific projects such as electricity and gas consumption, lighting, ventilation, and encouraging eco-friendly behaviors. These programs have saved enough energy to charge 182 million smartphones.
The 2018 report is available online at www.rongfu9.com.
IGT (NYSE:IGT) is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Digital and Social Gaming. Leveraging a wealth of premium content, substantial investment in innovation, in-depth customer intelligence, operational expertise and leading-edge technology, our gaming solutions anticipate the demands of consumers wherever they decide to play. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has more than 12,000 employees. For more information, please visit www.rongfu9.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain forward-looking statements (including within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) concerning?International Game Technology PLC?and its consolidated subsidiaries (the "Company") and other matters. These statements may discuss goals, intentions, and expectations as to future plans, trends, events, dividends, results of operations, or financial condition, or otherwise, based on current beliefs of the management of the Company as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, such management. Forward-looking statements may be accompanied by words such as "aim," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "could," "would," "should," "shall," "continue," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "future," "guidance," "intend," "may," "will," "possible," "potential," "predict," "project" or the negative or other variations of them. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which such statements are made and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are outside the Company's control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any of the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially from those predicted in the forward-looking statements and from past results, performance, or achievements. Therefore, you should not place undue reliance on such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include (but are not limited to) the factors and risks described in the Company's annual report on Form 20-F for the financial year ended?December 31, 2018?and other documents filed from time to time with the?SEC, which are available on the?SEC's?website at?www.sec.gov?and on the investor relations section of the Company's website at?www.rongfu9.com. Except as required under applicable law, the Company does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements. You should carefully consider these factors and other risks and uncertainties that affect the Company's business. Nothing in this news release is intended, or is to be construed, as a profit forecast or to be interpreted to mean that financial performance of the Company for the current or any future financial years will necessarily match or exceed the historical published financial performance of the Company, as applicable. All forward-looking statements contained in this news release are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. All subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements attributable to?International Game Technology PLC, or persons acting on its behalf, are expressly qualified in its entirety by this cautionary statement.
Phil O'Shaughnessy, Global Communications, toll free in U.S./Canada +1 (844) IGT-7452; outside U.S./Canada +1 (401) 392-7452
Francesco Luti, +39 3485475493; for Italian media inquiries
James Hurley, Investor Relations, +1 (401) 392-7190
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/igt-issues-12th-annual-sustainability-report-300891913.html
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader?. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader?